Library is the heart of all the academic activities of the college. The students and the faculty make profound use of the information resources and services offered by the college library. The library aims at catering to the information needs of its users, their curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities. The well stacked and regularly updated informative on resources and services mainly concentrate on providing the right information to its users at the right time with the newly updated technological innovations.
The General library is automatedwith the use ofe-granthalaya (eg3) Library Management Software. The College Library subscribes to UGC INFLIBNET (Information Library Network), which makes it possible for accessing about 75000+ e-books and 3,500+ e-journals.
Awareness given to student for preparing the Civil services examinations, TNPSC, TRB, IBPS, RRB, SSC, NET/SET etc., exams. The General Library has huge book collection exclusively for competitive examinations.
- To provide right information at the right time.
- To provide e-resources to user.
- The vision is to continue to acquire and maintain adequate information resources.
- Offer effective instruction on the retrieval and use of materials.
- The realization of this vision will help our stakeholders to meet the challenges of the 21st century and sustain excellence.
- To promote reading habits.
- To computerize the library housekeeping activities.
- To prepare the students for achieving the competitive exams.
9.30 am to 5.00 pm on all Working Days.
Acquistion & Technical Section
Compilation of requirements from the departments, Ordering of Books, Accessioning, Indexing and Processing of books are the responsibilities of this unit. It also develops bibliographic database of books and other resources.
Registration of Membership, Issue and Return of books to the member, No Dues, due charges if any will be taken care by this unit. Circulation is manually processed now. It will be fully automated with barcode technology and OPAC is available.
The Stack Room use for facilitate lending of books to the users. The stack has been well organized, maintained and arranged.
The reference section contains general reference like Dictionaries, Encyclopaedia’s, Year Books etc., and Subject Reference Books. The books are mainly mean for in-house academic reference. A Separatecollection of Civil Services Examination, Books on Competitive Entrance Exams, Career development and Personality Development has also been maintained.
It maintains with 8 Newspaper (both Tamil and English) and Magazines (both Tamil and English).
- 1. The Hindu
- 2. The Hindu (Tamil Edition) ( 2 copies).
- 3. The Indian Express
- 4. Daily Thanthi (2 copies)
- 5. Dinamalar
- 6. Dinamani
- 7. Employment News
- 8. Employment Service (Tamil )
Information Display Services
CD Rom Services
in General Library
|Journals / Periodicals||81|
|CD & Video||166|
|S.NO||Department||No Of Books|
Cataloguing Scheme - SUBJECTWISE CATALOGUING
Motivation of Library Users
- Displaying new arrival rack - to read
- Display of newspaper clips
- Theme display of books, journals, supplements, periodically
- Posters on current events
- Thought for the day
- Prize awarded for best library user
Rules and Regulations
- Students should enter his name and roll number in the Gate Entry Register
- Silence to be maintained. Subject related discussion is allowed
- Personal belongings not allowed inside the library
- Cell Phone and Audio instruments not allowed
- Refreshment not allowed inside the Library
- Students can borrow the books by using the Library Membership Card and only one Library Membership Card will be issued.
- Not allowed to Damage, defacing, or misusing any Library materials or property
- The Library is not responsible for personal items that are lost, stolen, or damaged on Library premises
- Reference books are Periodicals are not issued out.
- Library can recall any issued book even before the due date
- Books are issued for a fortnight
Book Lending Regulations
|Users||No of books||Duration|
|M.Phil.||Reference only||15 days|
|Ph.D.||Reference only||15 days|
|Staff||No Limit||30 days|
E-Resources and E-Journals
The advantages of digital library as a means of easily and rapidly accessing books, achieves and images of various types are now widely recognized by commercial interests and public bodies alike. Now Students are browsing and exploring the subject related information from the Internet. The Research scholar and UG/PG students are accessing the e-journals/ e-books through the internet. The staff member of our college having UGC-Inflibnet NLIST user ID and Password and they have accessed e-resources.